Monday, June 20, 2011

Chicken Alfredo-ish

Continuing my batch cooking for freezer meals, I went after a chicken Alfredo effort. I used:

1 bag of chicken tenderloins (they were a good deal),
2 cans of cream of mushroom soup,
2 boxes of Garden Rotini
1/2 bag of frozen vegetables.
2 chicken bouillion cubes

I know that Oriental Stir-fry seems like a weird choice but it worked.



I threw the whole bag in my large Pampered Chef sauce pan on medium heat. I threw in 2 bouillon cubes to add more flavor to the meat and covered the pan to seal in the juices.

I also started a large stock pot of water to cook the pasta. It took a good 10 minutes before the water boiled but the timing was perfect. Cooking a whole bag of frozen chicken takes quite a while.

I added the pasta and let it boil for 9 minutes then strained it off. I tossed olive oil in the pasta to add flavor, prevent the pasta from sticking together and simply because it's so good for you!


By this time, the chicken was thoroughly cooked. I threw all the ingredients in the large stock pot and stirred well. I let the vegetables warm up and served the family dinner.

After dinner, I divided the remaining food into gallon-sized bags. There was enough left over for three more meals!

All the ingredients cost $13.84. Making 4 meals out of the ingredients dropped the price per meal to $3.46! This is much closer to my goal of $3.00 per dinner. Happy dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment