Monday, June 20, 2011

Cookie Cooking

I was craving cookies and I decided to see how easy or difficult it would be to make some from the batches I stirred up a week ago and froze. As a refresher, I made a quadruple batch of cookie dough, divided it up 8 ways and froze the dough in quart sized freezer bags.

I pulled out a bag and decided to see if the dough would come out without a lot of effort. I turned the bag inside-out and pushed the frozen dough onto the cookie sheet. Easy? Yes.


Luckily, I listened to my mother's advice and flattened the dough when I filled the bags. That made dividing the dough as simple as cutting with a knife. It wasn't hard to cut through the dough either. Easy? Completely.


I spread the dough out then cooked the cookies at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Since I like my cookies soft, this was the perfect amount of time. If you like your cookies crunchier, add a minute or two to suit your preference.


Overall, the batch cookie experience is a hit. The only change I would make is the cookies didn't spread much so they ended up puffy. Next time I make a big batch of cookie dough I will put less dough in each bag and flatten the dough more. I will end up cutting the pieces bigger which means less cookies. That's fine with me as I end up eating more if there are more around. Less cookies made in each batch equals less cookies I eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment